Long day? Hungry? Solo? If you’re female, cute, funny, single, and live in the Ottawa area, I’ll make you dinner! I crack myself up.
slashfood has a great and simple idea for a quick summer meal. It’s essentially a greek salad with the lettuce and dressing replaced with pasta, some olive oil, and seasonings. They call it Greek Pasta, and I’m not going to argue with them. Here’s the recipe.
- Chop everything while the pasta’s cooking, because once you start sautéeing, it’s 5min (tops) to plating
- Cook the pasta al dente… like, almost chewy.
- Use a really good olive oil – makes a huge difference
- Be liberal with the oregano and garlic. Sautéeing the garlic will make it sweet and takes the edge off, and the oregano will be a wallflower if you don’t have a healthy “pinch”
- two olives (four halves) is plenty
Tasty, healthy, yummy stuff in about 10 minutes from throwing the pasta in the water to eating all alone again. I would have included a pic, but forgot to take one. I was hungry, and that’s my excuse.