Moggy responds to a lot of memes. Some of them are entertaining, some of them are not (to me; she’s a little more easily amused, I guess – and I say that in a good way). Today’s was something I can answer and thought it was kinda cool (and I even share one answer with her).
Here we go:
1) Name 5 comfort books, books that you read over and over:
– The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein
– The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs
– Bloom County Babylon (hey, it’s a book!) by Berkley Breathed
– The Stand by Stephen King
– Lake Wobegone Days by Garrison Keillor
2) Name 5 songs that you will always have in your collection:
– Disarm, The Smashing Pumpkins
– halcyon+on+on, Orbital
– In Your Eyes, Peter Gabriel
– Where the Streets Have No Name (live), U2
– Hurt, Johnny Cash
3) Name 5 comfort movies; movies that you watch over and over again:
– Shawshank Redemption
– Blade Runner
– An Evening With Kevin Smith
– Fast Times At Ridgemont High
– The Princess Bride
4) Name 5 things you’d do tomorrow if money wasn’t an option:
– Spend a year to life in Thailand
– Rent a plane. Load it up with people I love. Go somewhere fun. Have the time of our lives.
– Buy a local bar/pub. Run it as such.
– Document my dad’s life
– Change the system
5) Name 5 things that make you smile on a bad day:
– Calvin and Hobbes
– Endorphins from some hard exercise
– My friends and family (and their kids), despite-or maybe because of-their mocking of me.
– The belief that karma will eventually balance the books
– It’s always better in the morning